Archived Beta Discussions > SlickEdit 2019 v24 Beta Discussion

B3: issue with directory view and project wildcard

(1/4) > >>

IkerAriz:
When making changes to the content of a directory tree (eg, using git) that's been added to my SE project with a "*" wildcard the SE project pane will sometimes "fall out of sync" (I use "directory view"). Anecdotally, removal of one file in the tree results in the vanishing of a different directory in the project's directory view. If I hit "refresh" in the project pane the missing items reappear. I haven't yet confirmed if the missing files problem extends to searching in project files or is limited to just the directory view.

Lee:
I will take a look to see if there is an issue with Directory View and wildcard background refresh.  Could it be possible that maybe the missing directory got re-sorted in the view?  Any additional info may be helpful in tracking it down.

Also note, that if a the wildcard tree gets refreshed and a file is removed and the folder has no more matching files, it will not be displayed.  It is still tracked, but there isn't an option to display empty folders.

IkerAriz:
The changes were only to files within directories and at no point were the disappearing directories ever empty. Also, I think the directories that disappeared were sometimes unrelated to the files that were manipulated (eg, make a change to content of directory "/a/b/c/" and directory "/a/f/x/" disappeared)... will try to confirm when it next happens.

Lee:
Could you confirm which platform you are running on?  I have discovered one issue with folder deletion not handled in some cases, I'll continue looking for any other issue.

IkerAriz:
OS Version: Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS
Kernel Level: 4.15.0-51-generic
Build Version: #55-Ubuntu SMP Wed May 15 14:27:21 UTC 2019
Processor Architecture: x86_64

X Server Vendor: The X.Org Foundation
Window Manager: xubuntu
Display manager: /usr/sbin/lightdm

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version