Archived Beta Discussions > SlickEdit 2019 v24 Beta Discussion

mouseover number popup

(1/3) > >>

Graeme:
In the search results window if you mouse over a number, the info dialog pops up but it is extremely wide, almost monitor width wide.  Also, maybe don't pop up the dialog at all for single digit numbers.

Clark:
The wide column problem is fixed for beta 4. Interesting point about single digit numbers.

wgcreech:
Found the turnoff for this feature added in Beta4 under General Appearance ...

Also, noticed that when turned off, had to close the file that I was working with and then reopen.  Apply did not do the trick like I figuered it would ... even more strange was that only had to open and close the one file ... other files seemed ok ... perhaps all I needed to do was switch focus to another file and then come back ... at any rate, finally turned it off ... feature is sort of nice, but not as a default on ... at least it works now ... would recommend making default off, or making it a right click select.  Very annoying if the file has a lot of numbers (like a .csv file) ... glad I can at least turn it off now.

Mike:
In case other users run into this, the setting to toggle this feature is in:
'Tools > Options > Appearance > General' / "Show number base popups".

patrick:
@wgcreech
For it still getting a popup after you turn it off, I can see it, but it only for the last number I hovered over.  I think we're caching something for the last popup, and that's not being cleared when the number popups are turned off.  I'll take closer look later today, thanks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version