Archived Beta Discussions > SlickEdit 2019 v24 Beta Discussion

B4: Setting error markers and next error taking very long time

(1/7) > >>

rowbearto:
Look for errormarkerslongtime.tar.gz on support.

I have a build log in there and my user.cfg.xml.

When I do a build of "cat build_last.log", it is taking a very very long time to set error markers. Also next-error is taking a long time.

I'm on Linux x64, CentOS 7.2

rowbearto:
I exited and restarted SlickEdit and now it doesn't take so long anymore.

I was adding to the error parsing exclusions and rebuilding (cat build_last.log) to check that the excluding was working.

I think the last thing I did before the long time was editing the "No parallel" exclusion. It was previously named something like "Recurse.mk" and it used to be: "Recurse.mk\:?+\: No Parallel" and then I removed the "Recurse" at the start of the string and renamed it to "No Parallel". I think that is when the error parsing started to slow down, but not 100% sure.

rowbearto:
Just started happening again after I added a new error exclusion and did another "build":

I added to exclusions:

Name: entering_dir
Expression: \.mk\::d+\:?+\: Entering directory
Test case: /gitworkspace/rbresali/cmagentvalg/lc/build/rules/Image.mk:7: make[4]: Entering directory `/gitworkspace/rbresali-cmagentvalg_190927.110559/lc

I validated the test case, then when I try a rebuild it takes a long time to set error markers.

But if I close and restart SE, it doesn't take so long anymore.

Also before restarting, after taking a long time to set the markers my exclusion was not working and it found the error. But after restart it skipped the error and properly excluded.

Clark:
I'm seeing slow performance before and after adding the 35th exclude regex. That's a lot of excludes.

I think you may have just reached a performance limitation.

Before adding new error regex: ~30 seconds

After adding new error regex: ~34 seconds

After restarting: ~35 seconds

Now I'm getting slower times (like 40 seconds) without the 35 regex exclusion after a restart. This VM is on a network so there could be more traffic now. 

rowbearto:
When I restart it is very quick, I don't even notice the time so it may be 1 second or so.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version