Author Topic: v24 Organize All Workspaces selection change  (Read 1516 times)

jnairb

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 11
v24 Organize All Workspaces selection change
« on: October 01, 2019, 08:38:02 PM »
I have many workspaces organized in folders. In previous releases, when I bring up the Organize All Workspaces dialog, typing the start of a name at the current selection level or within the currently selected folder (whether it's expanded or not), would move the selection to that folder/workspace.  In V24, this only selects from other items at the current level.

For example, when I initially open the dialog, All Workspaces is selected and typing the first character of any of my folders does nothing in v24. I now need to press down-arrow once to move the selection to the first folder before I can select one of the folders by starting to type its name. Then once I've got the right folder selected, I have to open the folder and down-arrow again, so that I can select a particular workspace in that folder by starting to type its name/caption.

Can this be changed to restore the old behavior? For someone that prefers to use the keyboard, this adds several new keystrokes to select a workspace from this dialog.

Clark

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 530
Re: v24 Organize All Workspaces selection change
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2019, 11:32:02 PM »
Reproduced. Not sure why this changed. Investigating.

Clark

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 530
Re: v24 Organize All Workspaces selection change
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2019, 07:58:32 PM »
Download 24.0.0.8. We've changed the tree search code back to the way it was.

I think we will need to revisit the code for this in the future when we have more time. Seems like this should search ALL visible nodes recursively. That's not exactly what this is doing right now. Also, it should support multi-character serach strings better.