Author Topic: DSP Altenate IDE  (Read 13909 times)

raywert

• New Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
  • DSP Software Engineer
DSP Altenate IDE
« on: July 23, 2006, 03:27:22 PM »
I am a software engineer working on DSP (Digital Signal Processing) software development.
I have used the CodeWright editor as an alternate IDE or editor when working on TI (Texas Instruments) and ADI (Analog Devices) related development.  I would like to hear from anyone that has used the Visual SlickEdit as the alternate editor or IDE for the recent version of Code Composer Studio from TI.  I will probably try SlickEdit in that area, but would like to hear from anyone that has already been there.
Ray Wert

hs2

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 292
Re: DSP Altenate IDE
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2006, 08:39:40 PM »
Didn't use it for TI dev., but in general: There is no other IDE for cross development like Slick.
It's just the most versatile tool I know. And no - I don't get paid for such statements (yet ?) ;)
HS2

shaker

• Junior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2006, 09:24:50 PM »
Has anybody been able to open a Visual DSP project (Visual DSP is Analog Device's IDE) using Slick Edit?

Thanks.

Shaker

Gary

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 5
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2006, 03:28:40 PM »
@shaker: could you probably post or send me a dummy Visual DSP project file - if the syntax is not too complex there might have a chance to implement it by yourself (i did that for keil uVision project files)... maybe i can give you some useful hints :)

Clark

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 526
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2006, 08:31:17 PM »
If the DSP files are text, this is definitely doable.  All our code for opening third party projects and/or workspaces is written in macro source.  The hard part is support adding/removing files from SlickEdit or handling cut/paste in the project tool window.  We try to support adding and removing files for all third party projects but we only support cut/paste for a couple.  In the case of Codewright, we'll just convert there projects since the product is very dead.

It is easier to just to write something that converts the project every time you open it.  Also, if you write a new command to open just these projects, you won't need to modify any macro source we ship.

If you go the nine yards and do descent job modifying the Slick-C source, then we'll just add it to the product :-)

Phil Barila

• Hero Points: 61
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2006, 09:15:22 PM »
Yes, but what if he does a decent job, will you include it then?   :D