Author Topic: Can't navigate to gradle/java external dependency  (Read 2066 times)

rowbearto

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 132
Can't navigate to gradle/java external dependency
« on: November 26, 2019, 04:58:13 PM »
Look for analyzer.7z on support.

See the README file for how to reproduce.

patrick

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 151
Re: Can't navigate to gradle/java external dependency
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2019, 05:33:36 PM »
I didn't see any source jars listed in the External_Tagging_Dependencies project.  Did you have tagging dependencies selected in the Gradle Options before?

When I go through the Build -> Gradle Options for the project, and check the apache poi dependencies, I can go to that tag.

rowbearto

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2019, 05:44:02 PM »
Thanks for pointing that out Patrick. I guess I sort of assumed that it would work right out of the box, did not realize I had to go to "Build->Gradle Options".

Could be useful to somehow make that discoverable by a user to do Build->Gradle Options.

If I add a new dependency in my build.gradle file, will I need to go back into Build->Gradle Options to add it?

rowbearto

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2019, 05:45:16 PM »
I thought there was some menu item I had to use to find my dependencies, I looked in the "Project" menu but did not look into the Build menu.

patrick

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 151
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2019, 06:02:20 PM »
We don't automatically resolve the dependencies for Gradle when the build.gradle changes.  Sometimes the resolution can be slow, as Gradle will hit the network to resolve the transitive list of dependencies.  I experimented with having this run in the background, but if it was really long running, I had problems with other gradle commands blocking while it ran.  So for now, it is manual.

You have a good point, it could be more discoverable.  It may be possible to pop up a toast with a "click here" to update your tagging dependencies when we see that the dependency section of any of the build.gradle files has changed.