Author Topic: Build->Gradle options removes changes I did in my vpj file  (Read 2122 times)

rowbearto

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 132
Build->Gradle options removes changes I did in my vpj file
« on: November 27, 2019, 08:54:25 PM »
Look for analyzer-1127-1.7z on support.

In the README file, see item "B", Build->Gradle options undo changes.

patrick

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 151
Re: Build->Gradle options removes changes I did in my vpj file
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2019, 02:04:10 PM »
I can see what's happened there.  It is hot-fixable, I'll see if I can get that fixed for the next hotfix.

patrick

• SlickEdit Team Member
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2020, 10:19:00 PM »
The reverted options and the reverted task name will be fixed in the next hotfix.   Now, when you go to Gradle Options, the pull-down for the Gradle "execute" task will now also show the task name you set it to, rather than just reverting things back to the vanilla "execute".

rowbearto

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2020, 11:34:48 PM »
This problem is still occurring in both 24.0.2 (hotfix 14) and the beta 25.0.0.1.

On support look for build_gradle_opts_bug.7z

The original vpj file is finanalyzer.vpj.

When performing Build->Gradle Options:

v24 is modifying finanalyzer.vpj to finanalyzer.v24.vpj, diff it to finanalyzer.vpj.
v25 is modifying finanalyzer.vpj to finanalyzer.v25.vpj, diff it to finalayzer.vpj also.

Notice that execute task name is getting changed from the desired "executeExampleMain" to the undesired "execute".

Notice also that "jar" task name is getting changed from the desired "fatJarExampleMain" to the undesired "jar" (and in another place getting changed from "fatJarWinKill" to "jar").

rowbearto

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2020, 11:45:14 PM »
I see now that the "execute" drop down in the gradle options allows me to choose the execute task. When I choose a different execute task, then all "execute" get replaced with that task.

But this is a problem because I have different build configurations using different execute tasks. So I don't want to choose just one of them.

I would prefer an option where I don't have to choose this and it reuses whatever I have in my vpj file. This way I don't have to think about what to put there. I haven't used this project in months and don't remember what it is supposed to be, I just want to reuse it.

I suppose there is a similar problem with the "jar" task?

Would there be a way to just have it "keep" whatever I already had in my .vpj file for each build configuration?

I had to rerun this to retag the dependencies, I couldn't navigate to them anymore. Maybe it is because I'm using a newer version of SE now than what I used previously, that version was uninstalled. So when I go to update the dependencies for this project using Build->Grade Options I got some extra baggage that I didn't want. I just want to keep what was already existing in my vpj file.

patrick

• SlickEdit Team Member
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2020, 01:13:51 PM »
I'll have to take a look and see what can be done there.  That selection should be specific to a build configuration, but that dialog doesn't even expose what configuration it should apply to, so that's a problem.  It would probably be fine to have it detect the target for projects where it hasn't been manually selected.

rowbearto

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2020, 01:16:42 PM »
All I want to do is update my external dependencies and not muck around with my vpj file or any specific build configuration. Is there a way to update external dependencies only? Maybe that should be another option under "Build" menu and should not be tied to the grade build options?

patrick

• SlickEdit Team Member
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2020, 07:11:47 PM »
There's nothing you can call to do that currently.  I've added a menu entry for that for beta 2. 

rowbearto

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2020, 07:33:32 PM »
Thanks Patrick! Looking forward to having that in beta 2.