Author Topic: concur_command does not finish before starting the next macro.  (Read 6151 times)

mhalsig

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
I am using concur_command() to run a batch file. After the batch file has run I want to run a Slick-C macro. I want to do all of this unattended. I want to start the macro and go to lunch or home. The concur_command() works great by itself but followed by the Slick-C macro it starts the macro before the concur_command() finishes. I have tried to check the return status but it still does not finish the batch file before starting the macro. The reason I am using concur_command() instead of shell() or dos() is because I do not want a cmd window to popup. I want it all to be reported in the build window in Slickedit.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

hs2

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 291

mhalsig

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
Re: concur_command does not finish before starting the next macro.
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2007, 05:28:16 pm »
I have read both these post before posting and guess I did not see how they would help me. Here is what I am attempting with a macro.

_command proj_update_build() name_info(','VSARG2_MACRO|VSARG2_EDITORCTL)
{
   concur_command('batch file',true);

macro();

concur_command('batch file');
}

I would like the first batch file to finish before starting the next process which is a macro. I am on version 10 of SlickEdit.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2007, 05:34:42 pm by mhalsig »

hs2

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 291
Re: concur_command does not finish before starting the next macro.
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2007, 06:36:24 pm »
Ok, so the 1st batch should end with a
echo <binary 1>macro

You should seperate proj_update_build into 2 stages/macros.
1st stage: proj_update_build1 macro inits the sequence by invoking concur_command('batch file',true);
This batch ends w/ the line mentioned above and 'injects' macro proj_update_build2
This macro calls 'macro' and continues the seq. by doing the 2nd concur_command('batch file');

HS2