Author Topic: What keys have I mapped?  (Read 1677 times)

jporkkahtc

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 210
  • Text
What keys have I mapped?
« on: December 11, 2019, 07:20:14 PM »
In Tools > Options > Keyboard and Mouse > Key Bindings

There should be a way to find the entries that the user has modified.
An extra column "User Modified"
Or maybe a checkbox to filter for user-modified assignments only.

Ideally, there would also be a way to see each modified option and reset them (not just key bindings).

edwardn9

• Junior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
Re: What keys have I mapped?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2019, 04:06:30 PM »
Tools > Options > Keyboard and Mouse > Key Bindings > Export...

The exported file contains only the key bindings that are different from the selected emulation.

As for the other options, Tools > Options > Options History contains some of the information, but one cannot know if an option was changed back to the default.

Graeme

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 347
Re: What keys have I mapped?
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2019, 09:46:33 PM »
Another way is to use the "list-keydefs" command in a default config and compare the result with list-keydefs in your current config.  Not as nice as having it directly in the keybindings dialog though.

For other options, the options history window shows a list of everything you've changed since the "editor was installed" (quote from the dialog).  I don't know what happens with this through upgrades etc.  Another way is to diff the xml files in the config folder with a default config - I don't know how well xml diffing works though.  Another way is with the list-config or list-source commands  - these commands might not be "up to date"/ complete though.