Author Topic: core dump 2019 Dec 11  (Read 3428 times)

patrick

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 151
Re: core dump 2019 Dec 11
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2019, 12:14:06 PM »
I'll look back at that case and see if that makes more sense given what I've seen with Rowbearto's core dumps.

It's a tough one to track down, I haven't been able to reproduce anything with or without xretrace.  I started looking at xretrace because I realized (a little late) the only reported coredumps on linux for v24 post beta were with it. It may end up being just a coincidence. 

rowbearto

• Hero Points: 132
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2019, 04:26:16 PM »
I'm able to reproduce it immediately without xretrace!

I unloaded all xretrace modules and deleted my state file.

Then I load the python file that I sent you, turn on soft wrap (Patrick: Did you enable soft wrap?), go to the very end of line 189 (closing quote), press <ENTER> and crash right away.

Patrick: Make sure you:

1) Use my user.cfg.xml
2) Turn on soft wrap
3) Go to the end of line 189, just after the closing quote, and press <ENTER>

If there are any more files I can provide you let me know.

rowbearto

« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2019, 04:28:13 PM »
Patrick:

All my core dumps post beta for v24 were not with xretrace. Only this one was. The first time that I loaded xretrace was on December 8. So all the core dumps I gave you before Dec 8 did not have xretrace.

rowbearto

« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2019, 04:32:11 PM »
There are 2 other macros that I have had loaded the whole time. I unloaded both of them, deleted my state file and I was able to repro it again. So it is not my macros either.

After deleting the state file, I relaunched SE, went to line 189, turned on soft wrap, went to the end of line 189 after the quote, pressed <ENTER>, and crash right away.

Graeme

• Hero Points: 347
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2019, 09:31:53 PM »
I was very pleased and impressed that you looked at xretrace and managed to notice an obscure problem.  Any more comments you have are very welcome.

I'll look back at that case and see if that makes more sense given what I've seen with Rowbearto's core dumps.

It's a tough one to track down, I haven't been able to reproduce anything with or without xretrace.  I started looking at xretrace because I realized (a little late) the only reported coredumps on linux for v24 post beta were with it. It may end up being just a coincidence.