Author Topic: codehelp_complete no longer expands global aliases  (Read 1089 times)

jcelle

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 5
codehelp_complete no longer expands global aliases
« on: January 20, 2020, 09:56:14 AM »
Hello dear community,
I was wondering if someone had already faced this situation: all of a sudden the codehelp_complete() function (bound to ctrl+space or entered on command line) no longer expands global aliases (reports => "No symbol found matching sto" if I try to expand some 'sto' global alias I have defined).

This 'sto' is fine because if I use expand_alias() it works fine, the global alias is triggered.

I checked codehelp_complete() definition:
"Attempt to use Context Tagging® to complete the word under the cursor. If the word can not be completed, or tagging isn't supported, then try expanding aliases."

This has been working since day 0 and all of a sudden the 'then try expanding aliases' part does not work anymore and I don't know where to look for !

Any suggestion would be so welcome !
Great thanks.
Jerome

Dennis

• Hero Points: 517
Re: codehelp_complete no longer expands global aliases
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2020, 03:14:11 PM »
1) When you say global aliases, do you mean language-specific aliases?

2) Do you have "Aliases" checked in Document > [Language] Options... > Auto-Complete > Enable auto-completion ?

jcelle

• Hero Points: 5
Re: codehelp_complete no longer expands global aliases
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2020, 08:55:27 AM »
Hi Dennis and thanks for taking the time to answer me.
As posted in the other 'Syntax Coloring: Library Symbol found and colored everywhere' thread, it looks like having odd PHP¨identifier start set of characters was the cause of sudden dysfunction of alias expansion.
There is a link between these features.
Have a nice day.