Author Topic: Diff Coloring Incorrect  (Read 1465 times)

PiezonTM

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 8
Diff Coloring Incorrect
« on: March 19, 2020, 05:38:34 PM »
If I use the diff from within SE my custom color assignment for the diff works fine.  I set git to use the SE diff and the color assignment is not correct (i.e. running outside SE).  This feature used to work.  This began after migrating to a new laptop (from Ubuntu 16.04 to 18.04). 

I have tried to uninstall SE but not sure it was done properly.  I removed "/opt/se_..." and "~/.slickedit".  However after I reinstalled my settings were already there.  Again, I don't know my reinstall attempt did anything for me.

Any suggestions?

Dan

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 153
Re: Diff Coloring Incorrect
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2020, 07:29:21 PM »
If you don't specify a -sc <config> for the stand along vsdiff, it should use ~/.slickedit/<version>.  If you could send me your user.cfg.xml it might help.

Thanks,

Dan

Clark

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 528
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2020, 05:17:30 PM »
You may need to exit SlickEdit in order for your configuration changes to be saved so that vsdiff uses the changes. By default, SlickEdit currently doesn't save configuration changes until you exit.

PiezonTM

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2020, 12:36:39 PM »
I've tried "/opt/slickedit-pro2019/bin/vsdiff -sc" and the problem persisted.  I have attached the user.cfg.xml.

Clark

• SlickEdit Team Member
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2020, 02:16:28 PM »
There are no custom color assignments in the posted user.cfg.xml. Did you exit/restart SlickEdit to make sure your configuration changes are saved?
« Last Edit: March 23, 2020, 04:43:14 PM by Clark »

PiezonTM

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2020, 12:56:17 PM »
I think I figured out the problem.  This was a problem created by out IT department.  My home directory was in one location, then it changed.  SE was pointing to the old home directory for some things (SE Diff) and the new home directory for others (Standalone Diff).

I tried once prior to this post to uninstall SE but apparently there is something still pointing to my old home directory.  I tried to uninstall by removing the "/opt/slickedit..." directory and renamed the "~/.slickedit".  Is there something else I missed?  What is the proper way to uninstall SW on Ubuntu?

patrick

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 151
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2020, 01:12:37 PM »
When you start with a clean config (like you get when you renamed ~/.slickedit), the only things we look at to get the home directory are the $HOME and $VSLICKUSERHOME environment variables.   VSLICKUSERHOME is for overriding HOME for people who want their configuration somewhere other than $HOME.  So I'd check to see what those are set to first. 

Clark

• SlickEdit Team Member
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2020, 01:18:36 PM »
Anything that passes the -sc argument will have an effect too. You could be launching SlickEdit from an icon which is passing this argument. If you have a VSLICK environment variable with a -sc option, that would have an effect too.

PiezonTM

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2020, 03:30:35 PM »
Thanks so much for the support.  It was exactly what Clark suggested, it the path in my icon.  Thanks again.