Author Topic: Can you please add an option to suppress "Failed to open:" messages?  (Read 1260 times)

paulae

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
Hi,

Can you please add an option to suppress "Failed to open:" messages when one is searching files in a project or workspace for a string? The driver source base I work on is huge, has a very large number of engineers working on it, and as I search for something this afternoon, all useful search output is lost in a stream of about 900 "Failed to open:" messages.

I update this project regularly, but deleting files from a .vpj file is *tedious*, but still better than trying to do this from the editor itself, which asks you a couple of questions for each delete. "Do you want to delete this from source control? (preceded by a slow P4 call for a file that's already been deleted from the repository.)" I mean it's fine if you need to delete 2 files.

Clark

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 530
Re: Can you please add an option to suppress "Failed to open:" messages?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2020, 12:03:10 AM »
From Tools>Project Properties>Files Tab, click the "Refresh..." button. It will remove non existent files from your project.

Under Tools>Version Control>Setup, you might want to turn off "Prompt when files are added to project" and "Prompt when files are removed from project".
« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 12:10:37 AM by Clark »

paulae

• Community Member
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2020, 12:18:08 AM »
Thank you, that was enormously helpful!

Clark

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 530
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2020, 12:24:53 AM »
So glad that works for you. Even I didn't know SlickEdit had that nice "Refresh..." feature in project properties until now  ;D

paulae

• Community Member
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2020, 12:54:19 AM »
Thanks for sharing that you didn't know either - I felt foolish until you said that! :)

rowbearto

• Hero Points: 132
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2020, 02:59:14 PM »
Check out this macro for automatically updating the file list in your project, not only to remove files that are no longer there, but also for auto adding any new files in your directories:

https://github.com/rbresalier/sync_project_with_scm