Author Topic: VSLICKERRORPATH question what that directory doesn't exist yet  (Read 2990 times)

Clark

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 528
Re: VSLICKERRORPATH question what that directory doesn't exist yet
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2020, 06:46:01 PM »
I tried creating a project given the information you posted and could not reproduce any failures. That's why I asked you to create a project with dummy sample files.

When checkPath is 1, the function uses the current directory to compute the absolute path on the input filename and then matches that with the absolute project filename. It's better to just suffix match the path and not use the current directory.

tourix

• Junior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2020, 12:35:16 AM »
Thanks for your reply, Clark.
I have attached a minimal project reproducing the issue.
Make sure to add a new regular expression for error parsing ("Build" -> "Configure Error Parsing..." and add a new entry with the regular expression provided in file error_parsing_regexp.txt).
I hope this helps identifying the issue.

Clark

• SlickEdit Team Member
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2020, 12:57:01 PM »
This problem has to do with the order of evaluation of the error regular expressions. If you don't add your error regex, SlickEdit finds the wrong file. Also, if you add your error regex at the bottom (last), SlickEdit as expected still finds the wrong file. However, if you move your error regex to the top of the list, then SlickEdit finds the correct file.

I put your error regex in the "User" folder and then moved that folder to the top. Once I did that, SlickEdit finds the correct file.

tourix

• Junior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2020, 06:01:02 PM »
That was it! I did not think of the evaluation order. It would be nice if the "validate" button in the "Edit Expression" window could warn that another expression will match first.
Thanks a lot!

Clark

• SlickEdit Team Member
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2020, 10:44:43 PM »
Good idea! Your error message looks very unique and you wouldn't think any other regex would match it.