Author Topic: Find has List All checked no option to select output tab (v24.0.0.8)  (Read 324 times)

JimmieC

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 16
SlickEdit Pro 2019 (v24.0.0.8 64-bit)

This has happened a few times recently. I have not figured out a pattern to reproduce it. If I restart SE it fixes it.

Sometimes the List All Occurences is checked but inaccessible, greyed out. Sometimes it is unchecked. It boils down to the last state i left it in. Also, in the case where it is checked, there is no option to select the output tab number for the search results.

I think this happens when I go to Find In Files and back to Find. I am using Find on a file that is not part of the project. I am using Find in Files on the Workspace. That is all the clues I have so far.

See attached image.

JimmieC

Re: Find has List All checked no option to select output tab (v24.0.0.8)
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2020, 09:44:41 pm »
Also, sometimes I am using Find to list.

Other times as incremental for use in Recorded Macro to Find, move right on char, insert CRLF.

Clark

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 454
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2020, 01:46:57 pm »
The only way I've found to get some disabled controls is to close all edit windows. I tried different ways to open an edit window and the controls renable for me.

JimmieC

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2020, 02:12:35 pm »
Hi Clark,

I did not close all of my edit windows. In fact the document you see in the background with "6D" "6C" etc was open all the time. That is the non-workspace file that I was using Find on.

It may be worth mentioning that I had the Search Result dialog pulled out to another screen.

Anyway, its happen about 4 times yesterday. It is a minor inconvenience. I will keep an eye on to see if can find a pattern that reproduces it.