Author Topic: Error launching SE in Ubuntu VM  (Read 1006 times)

JimmieC

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 17
Error launching SE in Ubuntu VM
« on: July 16, 2020, 12:55:39 PM »
I was using SE in Linux last night. I set up a new project and browsed some code, no edits. Then I shut SE and the PC down. This morning, I boot the PC, start the VBox VM, start SE and got this errror (see attached images).

JimmieC

Re: Error launching SE in Ubuntu VM
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2020, 01:01:15 PM »
Additional info:

When I try to close SE, I get a small error dialog. I will have to kill the process to exit SE. See attached images.

patrick

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 151
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2020, 01:25:35 PM »
I'm wondering if the state file has been corrupted, because it almost looks like the initial error was it not finding a builtin function on load. 

Will it start cleanly if you delete the vslick.sta file that's in your configuration directory?  (Assuming v24.0.2 and that you haven't changed the configuration directory, ~/.slickedit/24.0.2/vslick.sta).

JimmieC

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2020, 02:04:16 PM »
Hi Patrick,
Deleting the .sta file did not help. Maybe it's not SE. I think that this VM may have issues. I don't use it a lot but I have had it around for a while. I got some "cannot delete, READ ONLY" issues the other when I tried to delete files. I have checked the SSD in the Win10 host OS and it is OK. So, it has to be internal to the Linux VM, maybe the kernel got corrupted.

I am going to import the VM from the original .ova file and reinstall SE on that.