Author Topic: Line error and message list  (Read 112 times)

jporkkahtc

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 188
  • Text
Line error and message list
« on: July 31, 2020, 09:22:55 pm »
The message list doesn't expose enough information for me to disable a warning in pylint.
If I run pylint from the cmdline, I get:
Code: [Select]
CycleLog.py(52): [C0326(bad-whitespace)] No space allowed around keyword argument assignment
    names.sort(key = lambda x: x[2], reverse=True)
To disable this, I need the "C0326" or the "bad-whitespace" text.
Code: [Select]
    # pylint: disable=bad-whitespace
But in the message list I can't see those.

Ideally of course, I could right-click on the line in Message list and get a context menu like:
. Disable "bad-whitespace" for this line
. Disable "bad-whitespace" for this scope
. Disable "bad-whitespace" for this file

patrick

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 128
Re: Line error and message list
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2020, 02:25:51 pm »
Interesting.  We use the same error setup used for errors in builds.  I can probably change the regex under the pylint group in Options -> Tools -> Configure Error parsing so it includes that section of the message in the error.

As for excluding error messages by right clicking on a message in the box, that can probably be done generically via the error system with some work. I think already we have some internal support for message exclusion that's not exposed. That would be a nice feature, I'll add it to the feature requests.

patrick

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 128
Re: Line error and message list
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2020, 01:22:28 pm »
Fixed the error RE for the next beta so the codes for the errors/warning will show up in the pylint messages.  Also fixed a problem that could truncate the first part of some error messages before they were displayed in the error list.

Right clicking on messages to add them to a list of squelched messages is a feature that I haven't looked at closely enough yet to schedule, but I've put it on the list.