Author Topic: SlickEdit startup working directory?  (Read 1013 times)

rowbearto

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 132
SlickEdit startup working directory?
« on: August 07, 2020, 03:00:55 PM »
The current working directory that SlickEdit previously had (the directory in the smart open) is currently inaccessible over NFS and freezes whenever access to it is attempted.

Now when I launch SlickEdit it is freezing, I think it is trying to access this bad directory.

How to tell SlickEdit to start/initialize smart open in a different directory? I'm lauching SlickEdit from a different directory but it is freezing up, probably due to this. When I launch SE with a clean config I don't have this problem, but I want my config.

Clark

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 526
Re: SlickEdit startup working directory?
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2020, 10:02:59 PM »
Go to Tools>Options>Application Options>Auto Restore and turn off "Auto restore working directory". After you restart SlickEdit, you can turn that option back on.

rowbearto

• Hero Points: 132
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2020, 10:13:38 PM »
That option was off, strange, yet SE was freezing while that NFS issue was going on. My NFS issue is solved now and SE doesn't freeze anymore after nfs is fixed, so don't know why SE was trying to access files in that file system. I also have auto restore off for workspace and workspace files. The only auto-restore options I have on are "selective display", "projects tree" and "supported options per monitor configuration". Not sure it was one of those?

Clark

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 526
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2020, 11:35:24 PM »
Deleting your vrestore.slk might have helped.