Author Topic: xretrace hotfix won't load  (Read 1046 times)

Graeme

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 327
Re: xretrace hotfix won't load
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2020, 11:18:26 pm »
ok, no doubt you would get a lot more people submitting and using plugins once it's all working.  Seems like a lot of work though.

Is there any chance of getting the hotfix to work - should a batch macro be able to create folders, copy files then load and run one of them?

Clark

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 459
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2020, 12:23:50 am »
I hoping I can get the plugin mechanism working pretty good by the time v25 ships. Load the new plgman.e and use "plugin_load" to load the plugin zip file.

I think I just ran it to that weird Defs tool window not updating bug. Then I restarted and now I can't reproduce it.

Graeme

« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2020, 12:56:07 am »
ok, I was hoping to get the hotfix working for people who have an older version  - however it's not too hard to download from a github repo and load manually.  I think it's currently fairly hard for people to figure out what useful macros there are in the user macros forum and which ones work for their version of slickedit.  If everything is in a github repo we can have one place for people to go to.

Regarding the defs toolwindow not updating, I noticed that if I right click in the window, it immediately updates.  I'll let you know if I see it again.  I have a problem in xretrace where it sometimes goes to the end of a file instead of where it should or gets "stuck".  I'm thinking of adding some logging to help me figure out the reason or find a solution.  I already have code that can dump an xretrace list - or any list.

Clark

• SlickEdit Team Member
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2020, 01:02:15 am »
Even if we get the hot fix loader to work for this for v25, that won’t help anybody with an older version of SlickEdit.

Graeme

« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2020, 01:38:55 am »
ah, yes, sorry, I wasn't suggesting you should change the hotfix mechanism just for me.  I just had the impression there might be some obvious reason or workaround for why it sometimes works and sometimes not.  Anyway I'm running out of spare time so I think I will give up on the hotfix idea.

Clark

• SlickEdit Team Member
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2020, 01:45:37 am »
The hot fix loader really wasn’t intended for this anyway.

It looks like it only works if the destination directories already exist. Dennis might have checked in a fix for this.

Give the new plgman.e a try.

jporkkahtc

• Hero Points: 191
  • Text
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2020, 10:13:24 pm »
Will plugin_load work with older versions of slickedit?
Will plugin_load be available by default, or will users need to load plgman.e first?

And ... will it be documented?

Clark

• SlickEdit Team Member
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2020, 11:38:59 pm »
This new plugin loading mechanism will require v25. I think I've got Graeme's XRetrace macros working as a plugin. I'm going to work on creating a plugin for your Symbol Highlight macros which require macros to be loaded in a specific order. The plugin mechanism needs a bunch of changes to support macro load order.

If we can get this working well enough, documenting it won't be hard. Especially since the remote website parts of it won't need to be documented because there's no way that will be ready.

Clark

• SlickEdit Team Member
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2020, 04:45:36 pm »
Will plugin_load work with older versions of slickedit?
Will plugin_load be available by default, or will users need to load plgman.e first?

And ... will it be documented?

I've got the plugin macro load order working.  I created a plugin for your SymHighlightV2 macros. What are some tests I can try to see if it works? I've never used it before. I've posted my initial plugin for it but you need beta 3 to install it. I changed "plugin_load" to "plugin_install" which I think makes more sense. I've disabled the plugin_manager command which is intended for accessing remote plugin data.

jporkkahtc

• Text
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2020, 05:41:33 pm »
Cool.

When you use symtag_load it drops you into Tools > Options > Keyboard and Mouse > Key Bindings
so you can bind commands.

But, without that...
Place your cursor on a word and run symtag_toggle_sym_highlight. (Ctrl+W for me)
All instances of that word should get highlighted.

symtag_open_sym_highlights opens a dialog showing current highlights.  (Alt+W)
The dialog doesn't work well -- I'm not very good at slick UI.

symtag_clear_all_sym_highlights removes all highlights. (Ctrl+Shift+W)

Clark

• SlickEdit Team Member
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2020, 06:28:50 pm »
Had to make a few fixes. Pretty minor. Here are the updates. Cool macro!

at5dapa1

• Hero Points: 19
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2020, 09:51:23 am »
In b3 I used "plugin-install" from command line and I could load the zip, nice and easy, thanks!  :)
However for dark theme it was not switching the colours, always stuck to a single colour. After few debugging had to make computeDelta return delta2 and then it worked.
Also fixed the close button alignment into dialog and also added a label to remind the shortcuts...

Clark

• SlickEdit Team Member
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2020, 02:35:12 pm »
There's a _isDarkColorBackground() function but it's static (docsearch.e). You can make a copy of it and call that to determine if the background is dark. That's if you want to dynamically figure it out in computeDelta()

jporkkahtc

• Text
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2020, 05:06:58 pm »
The state of color selection in highlights is unfinished.
I tried to make color selection smart by adding a bunch of logic to try to compute contrast between the text color and the highlight color.
I never got it to work as well as I would like.

Instead what I think I will do is just have a static list of colors, one for light and another for dark themes.

Look in SymColors.e - there is already a "ifdef DARK_COLORS" there.

Clark

• SlickEdit Team Member
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2020, 06:16:48 pm »
Two static lists is a good solution. Just dynamically use one.