Author Topic: [B2 Win 10] Refresh caused main widow to lose scaling!  (Read 214 times)

jc44

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 18
[B2 Win 10] Refresh caused main widow to lose scaling!
« on: August 13, 2020, 10:08:21 am »
[B2, Win 10 x64, Brief] Odd one here. I was cleaning up the files in my project and pushed the refresh button in the Project/Project Properties window. Mid sized project and files on a n/w mount so it took 5-10secs to complete.  For a few seconds whilst it was refreshing the entire contents of the main SE window became small in the top-left hand corner of the window with black in the reset of the window.  It looked like it had shrunk to 50% in both width & height.  I'm using 200% scaling on this monitor so probably equivalent to forgetting that. I did not have the presence of mind to hit PrtSc.
I can't reproduce this so it is probably not that important, but if you ever find yourself in the window redraw code & think "that looks like a race condition in scaling" then it probably is :-)

Clark

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 459
Re: [B2 Win 10] Refresh caused main widow to lose scaling!
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2020, 01:57:24 pm »
Beta 1 and 2 both have a font scaling issue on Windows. It's easy to reproduce this problem. Just change your scaling while SlickEdit is running. This is fixed in beta 3