Author Topic: [Beta 2] Backup History Browser  (Read 233 times)

jc44

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 18
[Beta 2] Backup History Browser
« on: August 20, 2020, 12:48:24 pm »
[Beta 2, Win 10 x64, Brief] Backup History Browser window: These may be long standing but I've only just noticed them:

1) Typing anything into the "Files" field causes all the files to disappear from the browser - I was expecting a substring match like in the Files or Buffers windows.

2) If I've (accidentally) deleted my local file there doesn't seem to be a way to get it back via this dialog.

Dan

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 141
Re: [Beta 2] Backup History Browser
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2020, 12:51:16 pm »
Something seems to be off about the matching here.  I'll look into it.   As a workaround, you can put a * in front and in back of what you're looking for.

If you go back far enough to where you see your file on the bottom, you should be able to click "Restore".

jc44

• Hero Points: 18
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2020, 01:06:18 pm »
Thanks. I now understand the restore thing - I was expecting simply clicking (or double-clicking) on the file in the top pane to give me the restore option - I didn't realise I had to find & select it in the bottom pane too.
Ideally I think I would expect double clicking on a missing file to launch the diff tool against an empty buffer giving the usual option to apply all diffs (i.e. copy the old file into the new buffer which would do the restore).

Dan

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 141
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2020, 01:08:24 pm »
That's an interesting idea... it but I see them as two different things.  You could have a missing file, which requires a restore, or you could have a blank file, which can be diffed.  I know it seems like a nit-picky thing, but I think I would like to keep that distinction.