Author Topic: [SOLVED in 25.0.0.9]File not found when adding to version control after creation  (Read 8319 times)

patrickkox

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 6
  • Debian GNU/Linux user
Re: File not found when adding to version control after creation.
« Reply #45 on: October 05, 2020, 07:35:49 PM »
Reproduced.  This will be in a hotfix, but if you PM me an email address I'll send you the fix (I don't like to post whole source files here).

PM Sent.

Thanks!

patrickkox

• Debian GNU/Linux user
« Reply #46 on: October 05, 2020, 09:21:37 PM »
Dan,

I just loaded the file you've sent, but unfortunately it doesn't fix the problem.

When I add a new file, it still shows the "Add to Version Control" question followed by the File not found error

Also, when I do "Add file.cpp" there is no more error message, but when I select "commit file.cpp"  there is still the Slick-C Stack error svc.ex offset = 7495

Dan

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 153
« Reply #47 on: October 05, 2020, 09:25:49 PM »
I checked for other instances of the same problem.  I'll double check commit.

I haven't addressed the Add to Version Control/File not found issue yet.  That's going to take some digging to figure out how to get the exact issue.

Before you exported all your configuration options.  Could you put up the user.cfg.xml from your configuration directory?

mzel

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
@Dan - I am on 24.0.2 with the latest hotfix, and I am experiencing a similar problem. I've tried playing with the options in Git setup ("Prompt when files are added to project", "Show status on file icons") to no avail. Is there a workaround for this?

patrickkox

• Debian GNU/Linux user
@mzelI've been thinking about this one, since I saw your post this morning and IIRC there are two methods to manually add a file to Version Control
I think the "automatically add" option does not work in any version before 25.0.0.9. so that's not an option.

But you can manually add a file by using the top menuTools -> Version Control (Git) ->  add file to git...

or you could:

right-click on the filename in the "Project Explorer" and select -> Version Control (Git) -> add FILENAME

One of these 2 options should work (I just can't remember which one), but I remember that Dan was looking at one of these options (which worked) and I was using the other option so it took a while to find the root of the problem.

I hope this helps
« Last Edit: January 31, 2021, 05:18:40 PM by patrickkox »

mzel

• Community Member
@Patrickkox - yes, I tried those two too. Still happens to me. And  committing from the right click does not work for me either. The only way which I found to work was  "Compare project to git", check the files, and hit "Add" or "Commit" at the bottom

Dan

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 153
@mzel  Are you still using 24.0.2?

mzel

• Community Member
Yes.