Author Topic: Feature request: Add option to disable multiple cursor locations  (Read 405 times)

JeppeOland

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 2
I am frequently finding that after I switch to SlickEdit, somehow the cursor is in 2 locations.
(I know I must be ctrl+clicking in the window, but it's not on purpose).

Since there is no strong visual notification, I only find out when I see that I'm typing junk in the middle of some other part of the document.
Then I spend a bunch of time with copy/undo/paste to get back to what I wanted to do :-)

I can't find any option to disable ctrl+clicking ... can we have one?

Dennis

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 480
Re: Feature request: Add option to disable multiple cursor locations
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2020, 09:23:22 pm »
You can disable it by going to Tools > Options... > Keyboard and Mouse > Key Bindings, then searching for the command "mou-click-copy", and removing it's key binding (Ctrl+LButtonDn)

I have to do this when I'm working on a laptop keyboard, where it is all too easy for the palm of your hand to brush the touchpad at the same time as hitting the Control key.

I agree there probably should be an option for disabling this, because removing the key binding is not intuitive.

Dennis

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 480
Re: Feature request: Add option to disable multiple cursor locations
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2020, 10:01:57 pm »
The new option to disable creating multiple cursors with the mouse will be in beta 4 (Tools > Options > Editing > Cursor Movement)