Author Topic: "Find File" needs file type pattern to be independent of "Find in Files" pattern  (Read 1522 times)

gfinlay

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 1
I frequently alternate between using "Search/Find File..." to find a particular file name or partial name filter and "Search/Find in Files" to search or grep for text within several files.

I wish that the default or persistently selected File Types pattern for Find in Files (e.g. C/C++ Files *.c, *.cc, etc) did not interfere with the File Types glob pattern when searching for a particular filename using Find File (e.g. Find File with File Types: "foobar*.h:).

If I do a Find in Files again after doing a Find File, I find it inconvenient and time-consuming to have to reset or change the File Types pattern back every time to my default (which is C/C++ Files) instead of the pattern which was last used for the Find File.

Is there any workaround to this issue, or would it require a feature update to fix it so that Find File and Find in Files have independent file types filter pattern parameters?