Author Topic: Windows layout  (Read 1869 times)

dunkers

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 36
Windows layout
« on: September 20, 2020, 02:57:33 AM »
Had a search but couldn't find anything, so apologies if this has already been asked for (or even exists!)...

I would like a quick way to apply a specific window layout. My default layout (editing windows, toolbars, etc) is just how I like it for editing, but sometimes I want to do remote debugging via gdb and the it's... not optimal. I want to make the SE window wider, put this toolbar there, etc. Then after debugging, back to editing with my preferred layout.

Come to think of it, the particular type of editing I'm doing would benefit from specific, and different, window layouts. An option to save a layout, load and apply a specific layout, etc, would be cool. Even better if the color scheme could be included.

Graeme

• Hero Points: 347
Re: Windows layout
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2020, 07:16:49 AM »
I'm surprised more people don't ask for this.  A couple of years ago some commands were added
save_named_layout
load_named_layout   - should do what you want.

There is also
save_named_files
load_named_files
save_named_state
load_named_state

dunkers

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2020, 01:54:41 PM »
That would be cool, except it does nothing for me.

I have two edit windows tiled and type "save-named-layout default_layout", then move the window join left so the windows are approx 25/75%. Close SE, reopen and type "load-named-layout default_layout". Nothing.

Graeme

• Hero Points: 347
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2020, 09:58:04 PM »
ok, so save named layout is for tool-windows, sorry about that.

save-named-state includes edit windows  - but probably also includes project/ workspace and open files.  It probably includes lots of stuff

You might be able to write a macro to get what you want, I'm not sure.

dunkers

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2020, 10:17:41 PM »
No prob - I discovered a new settings anyway :)