Author Topic: Can't unset py breakpoint dbl clicking by line# when debugger not running  (Read 1037 times)

rowbearto

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 132
When the debugger is not running I see a break point in my source file (left side of editor window). I double click there to disable it and SE says: "Breakpoints are not allowed in files that are not source files"

Now this py file is for a different build configuration then the active one. When I switch build configurations to one that contains this source file I an then remove the breakpoint without this error.

But should it matter if I'm in a different build configuration?

Dennis

• Hero Points: 517
It is trying to protect you there, but I agree it is a little bit too persnickety, especially when you are not in an active debugging session.  I'll relax that code a bit.  The worst that can happen is that you set a breakpoint in a totally non-relevant file (like an HTML document) when debugging C++ and are left wondering why the breakpoint never gets hit.

rowbearto

• Hero Points: 132
Re: Can't unset py breakpoint dbl clicking by line# when debugger not running
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2020, 05:10:02 PM »
I'm now getting this error in beta4. My active project is set to my python project, and I'm trying to set a breakpoint (before running) in a script I'm about to run.

I'm able to set the breakpoint after I start the debugger, but not before I start it the first time after starting SE.

Dennis

• Hero Points: 517
Re: Can't unset py breakpoint dbl clicking by line# when debugger not running
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2020, 06:12:12 PM »
Fixed for next build.