Author Topic: restoring a system macro?  (Read 8166 times)

ckrueger

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
restoring a system macro?
« on: July 25, 2006, 06:12:22 PM »
I was adding a quick macro to hotkey insertion of a javadoc comment using /**[enter], and saved it as javadoc-comment.  Wouldn't ya know that I apparently blew away the actual macro that does the work, and now I've lost that functionality (I get an error: Procedure javadoc-comment not found file==c.ex offset=229).

Is there a quick way to restore the c.ex file?

ckrueger

• Community Member
Re: restoring a system macro?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2006, 08:05:50 PM »
hmm replacing c.ex did nothing :(

Graeme

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 347
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2006, 08:05:50 PM »

I don't use Java so I'm not sure what you mean.  How do you know you blew away a macro  - has the source disappeared  - type on the cmd line  fp some-macro-name to see if the macro source is still there.  What version of slick are you using?

If you modified c.e unintentionally you might be able to recover it by using "backup history" on the file menu and undoing any changes you made, then loading it (macro->load).  If you didn't change c.e then maybe just reloading it will fix your problem.  If that doesn't work you could try a new slick install after first maybe saving or hiding your config directory ??.

Graeme

ckrueger

• Community Member
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2006, 08:14:18 PM »
javadoc comments are just an auto-comment feature that supports the javadoc tool for generating html documentation.  There are some predefined macros set up for use with c/c++/java files to generate these comments.

I am not sure what I changed.  THere was an existing macro or function somewhere called javadoc-comments, and when I saved a macro with the same name, I must have overwritten it.  I deleted my user defined macro, but the original still does not work.

Ohhh it looked like reloading 'codehelp.e' worked!

Cheers