Author Topic: Ubuntu 20.04 SE 25.0.1.0, SVN Show history for all branches, hang\force close  (Read 217 times)

JimmieC

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 16
I am new to Linux and SVN. I was able to setup SVN in SE. When I right-click on a file and select "Version Control (Subversion) ->History->Show history for current branch only" there is no issue. But, it only shows the last check-in. I want to see a list of the check-ins on this file.

So, next I tried "Shgw history for all branches" and SE hung. I had to kill it. When I tried to close it multiple times, Ubuntu prompted to wait or Force Quit. I waited several times, then I finally just chose the Force Close\Quit option.

It's not really an issue for me because I don't really want to see the history of multiple branches anyway. I just want to see the history of check-ins on one file in the current branch.

As I said, this is not really an issue for me but I thought you might like to know about this.

JimmieC

Oddly, I just tried this couple more times but SE did not hang and require a Forced Close.

However, nothing else happens either. No SVN dialog or results of any kind are displayed. However, I can close SE. Strange?

Dan

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 141
What happens if you go to a console window in the same directory and type "git log <sameFilename>" ?

JimmieC

git log...?
My issue is with SVN, does "git log" apply here?

Dan

• SlickEdit Team Member
Sorry, I was working on a git fix when I answered originally.  It turns out it's the same command.  What happens when you run "svn log <sameFilename>"?

JimmieC

"svn log <filename>" displays a list of 11 previous check-ins and associated check-in comments.

Dan

• SlickEdit Team Member
Can you PM me an email address so I can send you a macro with some debug in it?