Author Topic: Often times with push-ref when I double-click an entry it goes to wrong line  (Read 1478 times)

rowbearto

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 132
I don't know how to systematically reproduce this.

Often when I do a Ctrl-/, push-ref in a file that is in a workspace with a few C projects, when I double-click on some entries in the found references it takes me to the wrong line of the file and the reference is not there.

When I do the Ctrl-/ a 2nd time then I am able to go the correct lines in the new list.

It happens randomly and I haven't figured out a way to make a small repro.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2021, 03:36:27 AM by rowbearto »

TKasparek

• Hero Points: 29
I've seen this for a long time but have never been able to pinpoint it either. It happens to me multiple times a day. Once it gets out of wack there is no fixing it, need to do a new push-ref. I don't use double click I use ctrl-g to go to next.. It'll work for a couple of references sometimes and then it's gone.

Dennis

• Hero Points: 517
I have seen this a few times also, but I also can not reproduce it systematically.  It is very enigmatic.  However, as a shortcut to doing Ctrl+/ from scratch, if you collapse and re-expand the file the symbols are in (in the references tool window), the references will be recalculated in just that file.

Dennis

• Hero Points: 517
I believe I have tracked down the arcane issue that caused this problem.  It should be fixed in the next release, that is, v27 (SlickEdit 2022).

TKasparek

• Hero Points: 29
Awesome, I'm looking forward to not dealing with this anymore!!