Author Topic: Keyboard shortcut to show\pin and hide\unpin Search Results  (Read 1339 times)

JimmieC

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 17
Keyboard shortcut to show\pin and hide\unpin Search Results
« on: March 04, 2021, 03:54:05 PM »
SE v25.0.1.0 64-bit
Hotfixes: /home/tyco/.slickedit/25.0.1/hotfixes/hotfix_se2501_2_cumulative.zip (Revision: 2)

Is there a keyboard shortcut to show, pin, hide, & unpin the Search Results window. I normally keep it docked and pinned on the right, Occasionally, I need to unpin it to view more screen. Then show it and pin it again.

Is there a command for this that can be tied to a keyboard shortcut(s)?

I tried hide-tool-window but that did not have any effect.

jporkkahtc

• Hero Points: 210
  • Text
Re: Keyboard shortcut to show\pin and hide\unpin Search Results
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2021, 09:05:14 PM »
In here:  https://github.com/jporkka/slickMacros/tree/master/toolWindows

There is floatToolWindows.e - adds commands to float, dock, pin, unpin many tool windows.
Key mappings are defined at the top of the file.

Dennis

• Hero Points: 517
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2021, 10:36:34 PM »
Not exactly what you are looking for (because you want to pin/unpin), but the built-in commands are toggle-search and activate-search.

Dennis

• Hero Points: 517
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2021, 04:18:05 PM »
For 25.0.2, I added a suite of commands (no default key bindings for them) toggle_*_pinned, similar to the existing toggle_* commands for toggling whether a tool window was visible or not.

Example:  toggle_search_pinned

1) If "Search Results" was not visible, it will make it visible, doing exactly what "toggle_search_results" would do.

2) If "Search Results" is visible and docked, it will unpin it (make it an auto-hidden tool window), along with all other tool windows in it's tab group.

3) If "Search Results" is unpinned (auto-hidden), it will pin it, making it a docked tool window, along with all other tool windows in it's tab group.

4) If "Search Results" is visible and floating, it will unpin it  (make it an auto-hidden tool window).