Author Topic: v25.0.1.0 64-bit, How: Change background color in Tool Windows?  (Read 1198 times)

JimmieC

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 17
I have selected the Chalkboard color theme and darkened the background just a bit from the default. However, the Tool Window backgrounds do not change with the color theme. I keep the Defs, Files, and Project windows docked on the left. I would like them to match the edit background.

Also on that note, I keep the "Find and Replace" docked on the left as well. Is there a way to change the font in the "Search For" box? Also, I would like to change the red background when the search fails. Are these configurable?

Dennis

• Hero Points: 517
Re: v25.0.1.0 64-bit, How: Change background color in Tool Windows?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2021, 02:26:44 PM »
The tool window background colors come from the application theme.  If you want them to match, you're best bet would be using the Dark application them and matching your editor window background color to the that used the tool windows.  (I think the Slate theme is close, but that depends on what OS you are on).

The font in Find and Replace is not possible to change.  The red color to indicate a search failure is also hard-coded.

jporkkahtc

• Hero Points: 210
  • Text
Re: v25.0.1.0 64-bit, How: Change background color in Tool Windows?
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2021, 05:43:52 PM »
The Dialog font will change the font in Find&Replace.
I usually set dialog font to some fixed-width font