Author Topic: SlickEdit 25.0.1.0 cut-n-past to (some) other programs failed  (Read 1206 times)

arnaldo

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
I'm running 25.0.1.0 with the latest (as of this) hotfix (se2501_6) under macOS 11.2.3.

If I mark and copy some text in SlickEdit I can't paste it in (some) other programs like Apple Mail, iMessage, etc.
Some programs seems to work fine though (like WhatsApp desktop, Firefox, Safari, Terminal).

For me it looks like a buffer format or attribute.

If I past the text first to a program like Vi or TextEdit, I can copy it from there to the program that is not accepting the previous cut buffer.

Is this a known issue? Am I missing something here?

Thansk for any help

cthomson

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 1
Re: SlickEdit 25.0.1.0 cut-n-past to (some) other programs failed
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2021, 07:37:42 PM »
This appears to be something we've been discussing in another thread.  I think maybe the programs having problems don't like pasted HTML format.  You can change whether your clipboard uses HTML format in Tools->Options->Editing->Selections and uncheck the box labeled HTML Format.

Your description seems to fit but I'm not an Apple person so please take my advice with a grain of salt.

Clark

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 530
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2021, 03:01:42 PM »
Weird. We will look into this. I am able to copy text from Apple Mail and iMessage but not the other way around. Turning off HTML format clipboards didn't help for me.

Clark

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 530
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2021, 07:47:51 PM »
This will be fixed in 25.0.2. Thanks for letting us know about this odd issue.

Qt seems to support many formats for text clipboards.  The first and probably worst problem is that Qt adds a public.vcard format which seems to confuse Apple Mail and the Messages application. This was easy to remove. However, the messages application (not Apple Mail) has a bug with Utf-16 clipboards. It seems to prioritize Utf-16 over Utf-8 clipboards even though it's Utf-16 clipboard support is broken. The complete fix requires not using public.vcard or public.utf16-plain-text format for text clipboards.