Author Topic: selective display regions + defs view  (Read 2503 times)

Dennis

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 517
Re: selective display regions + defs view
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2021, 09:23:27 PM »
Not sure if you really want to use both Graeme's solution and mine.  His is elegant.  I could see an argument being made to move the line data to the first column as a permanent fix.

Not sure what is happening with the column resizing for you, it could just be that you are not gripping the resize bar in the header in the exact right place.  It will not let you "push" a column to the left, but none of these are configured to be fixed with columns.

IkerAriz

• Hero Points: 6
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2021, 01:47:52 AM »
... it could just be that you are not gripping the resize bar in the header in the exact right place.

Ah, removing the TREE_BUTTON_AUTOSIZE option from the first column did the trick.

Thanks again,
Iker

IkerAriz

• Hero Points: 6
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2021, 04:36:37 PM »
After applying Graeme's solution and using bookmarks for a week my user experience report is... not that great. Typical work on a file quickly throws the bookmarks off and requires deleting them all and re-running the Find operation to set them again. This was both tedious and error prone as I would often forget to uncheck the "bookmark all matches" option (so my next Find operation would accidentally pollute the bookmarks). First class support for regions in the defs view would - I think - provide far better results for this use case.

Regards,
Iker