Author Topic: Python configuration not intuitive  (Read 808 times)

pbrightly

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 6
Python configuration not intuitive
« on: May 07, 2021, 01:28:14 AM »
This may simply be because I haven't been using projects in Slick for years, but I'll give the feedback anyway.
Setting up a python project, I noticed a bad default for my interpreter was set.. I'd uninstalled it to get a newer version.  I couldn't for the life of me find where to correct the interpreter pathname for a while. I found it in my project, but it would be very nice if (for something so common as primary system tools), I could find that setting when I look at Tools->options and search on "python".  There's a whole subtree for python stuff -- no binaries.  It'd be nice if pyenv versions were detected as well and perhaps I could be offered a list to choose from.

PS. It's buried in project properties->Tools->Execute->Options, then at the bottom of the dialog.  I kept missing it because all settings are near the top, while the interpreter is down by the OK button.  Eyes are drawn away from it.

PPS. Before I found it in the GUI, I followed the bunny trail of seeing SLICKEDIT_PYTHON_EXE in project setup.  In the help system, I found the actual variable, so I I fixed it with:
set-var def_python_exe_path
« Last Edit: May 07, 2021, 02:00:04 PM by pbrightly »