Author Topic: THREE MOST UNBEARABLE BUGS  (Read 1523 times)

Tiger

• Junior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
THREE MOST UNBEARABLE BUGS
« on: May 31, 2021, 03:01:55 AM »
1. Find and Replcae window is missing;
firstly i guess the "ctrl+shift+F" hot key is used by others , but after trying "find-in-files" in comand line, it still doesn't work;
at last I import all options saved before, then Find and Replcae window apears ;

2.the file path of the book mark is absolute path;
when i get a new source code copy from git,
ususally I copy *.vpj *.vpw from one previous same souce code fold to this new source code.
i want to keep thesebook mark still work,
but the file path of the book mark is absolute path which still point to the old file during the new source project;

3. the reference window;
we can use "ctrl+/" to add reference of function/variable/.. into reference list (8 member)
but when the list is full, sometimes when add new one by "Ctrl+/" , it does't work;
after I empty the list manually, it works;

I use SlickEdit Pro 2018 (v23.0.0.10 64-bit)  for C/C++ programming,
find, bookmark, reference are very common operations during coding,
unfortunately these bugs destroy all good mood.
Maybe these three bugs are fixed in the lastest version;
and please let me know;

Graeme

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 347
Re: THREE MOST UNBEARABLE BUGS
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2021, 10:52:53 AM »
For item 1, find-in-files on the command line should work  - it does for me.  Was there a problem with your keybindings after you did an upgrade?

For item 2, if you have "use workspace bookmarks" enabled, bookmarks are stored in the vpwhist file for the workspace and they are stored as relative paths - relative to the workspace folder.  They're shown as absolute paths in the bookmarks toolwindow.

For item 3, what do you mean by "when the list is full"?  I've never had any problems with find references.  What do you mean by "when add new one"?  How do you empty the list manually?

Dennis

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 517
Re: THREE MOST UNBEARABLE BUGS
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2021, 04:01:50 PM »
@Tiger:  You should try 23.0.2 and get the latest hot fix for it also (not to mention trying SlickEdit 2020).  There was a bug similar to the one you describe for references in a beta version of 23.0.0.  You have 23.0.0.10, the final release version was 23.0.0.11, and again, you have 23.0.2 available which has all the latest fixes for SlickEdit 2018.

https://customer.slickedit.com/support/product-updates/updates
https://customer.slickedit.com/support/product-updates/hotfixes