SlickEdit Product Discussion > SlickEdit®

is the plugin mechanism useable in 25.0.2

<< < (5/5)

patrick:
Ack, attached the wrong version.  Load the cfg.e in this post to get the fix.

Graeme:
My xretrace macro needs the source files to be loaded in a certain order.  Currently I get a slick stack when trying to install the plugin because definit in xretrace.e tries to call a function that doesn't exist.  I had to use task manager to kill slickedit.  Is there any way to handle this?

Graeme:
I'm trying to work around this problem by loading the missing macro file from xretrace def_init if find_index doesn't find a particular function - dlist_construct   - but find_index says the function is in the names table but when I call the function, I get a slick stack.  Is it possible that a #import adds names to the names table and makes find_index return non zero even though the module containing dlist_construct hasn't been loaded yet?

--- Code: ---   int vv1 = find_index('dlist_construct', PROC_TYPE);
   say("ggg " :+ vv1);

--- End code ---

- the code above gives me 33104 but calling dlist_construct crashes.

For the plugin version of xretrace, I will probably have to load DLinkList.e from xretrace.e def_init every time xretrace.e is loaded.  It seems to work.

Clark:
How did you create your plug-in? If you just zip up your files, you can’t rely on order of macro loading. You have to use the plug-in creation commands. If I remember correctly the manifest (written by plug-in creation commands) specifies the macro load order and is generated automatically.

Graeme:
Yes, I just zipped it.  I didn't know there was a plugin creator.  I'll give it a try.  Thanks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version