Author Topic: Raspberry Pi Pico Environment  (Read 1319 times)

mkatz

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 2
Raspberry Pi Pico Environment
« on: June 18, 2021, 11:42:32 PM »
Has anyone been able to use slickedit for Raspberry Pi Pico projects.  Their build environment uses a cmake/nmake combination to create the make files and build the project?

Thank you.

patrick

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 151
Re: Raspberry Pi Pico Environment
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2021, 02:12:09 PM »
We don't have built-in support to read CMake files, but we do provide a cmake that can generate SlickEdit project files.  Here's a post that has the downloadable links: https://community.slickedit.com/index.php/topic,17767.msg69588.html#msg69588

It sounds like the CMake target you want would be "SlickEdit - NMake Makefiles".  This will generate a SlickEdit workspace and projects you can open from Project -> Open Workspace.

mkatz

• Community Member
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2021, 12:02:06 AM »
Thank you.

What about setting up for the OpenOCD or would Slickedit use a different method for debugging?

mkatz

• Community Member
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2021, 12:04:30 AM »
We don't have built-in support to read CMake files, but we do provide a cmake that can generate SlickEdit project files.  Here's a post that has the downloadable links: https://community.slickedit.com/index.php/topic,17767.msg69588.html#msg69588

It sounds like the CMake target you want would be "SlickEdit - NMake Makefiles".  This will generate a SlickEdit workspace and projects you can open from Project -> Open Workspace.

Do you have support for CMake 3.20.3?

patrick

• SlickEdit Team Member
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2021, 01:15:27 PM »
We support GDB remote debugging, so we should be able use OpenOCD's support as a remote GDB debug target.  We know from customer reports that this can work with some embedded systems debuggers, but some customers have run into problems with our startup sequence being incompatible with some initialization needed to get the program uploaded on the remote target.  Haven't dealt with OpenOCD specifically, so we can't say for sure it will work without problems.

I'll take a look at CMake 3.20.3 this afternoon.  Usually it's straightforward to update our support for CMake updates, but I'm not up to date on what changes have gone in CMake since the last builds.

patrick

• SlickEdit Team Member
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2021, 08:55:03 PM »
There are some minor API changes, so I'm porting and testing the SlickEdit generator now.  I'm working against the latest release, 3.20.5.   Is your version requirement >= 3.20.3, or is there something specific with 3.20.3?

patrick

• SlickEdit Team Member
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2021, 07:37:36 PM »
As an update, I'm in the process of building the updated CMake 3.20.5 so the forum page can be updated.  I've checked the pico-sdk and pico-examples projects with Linux version, and it generates proper projects for those, and I can build the resulting Makefiles.  No pico to test the results on, so that's as far as I can verify that.

patrick

• SlickEdit Team Member
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2021, 05:33:56 PM »