SlickEdit Product Discussion > SlickEdit®

Attach to Virtual Machine not working

<< < (2/17) > >>

patrick:
I can reproduce with JDK as well.  Taking a look at it, it should be hot-fixable.

kwilliams:
Awesome!

thanks for looking into this.

patrick:
The fix for this will be in the next 25.0.2 hotfix. 

kwilliams:
I applied the hotfix, but now I get “Error waiting for pydbgp connection: Socket timed out” (which is weird because I tried to attach to a java jvm and pydbg is a Python debugger).

It’s waiting for a connection on 127.0.0.1:55151.

I using the following menu: “Debug->Attach-Debugger->Attach to Java Virtual Machine”

I confirmed that I could attach to the VM with the JDB command line.

Am I doing it wrong?

Here is the text of the dbg.xml file:
<debug>
<logging v="0"/>
<setJDWPEnvironment v="0"/>
<jdwpHost v="127.0.0.1"/>
<jdwpPort v="5006"/>
<idePort v="55151"/>
<workingDir v="C:\Code\MI\7.5Exp\EnGen\Client\Library\"/>
</debug>

In subsequent attempts the attach dialog would not come up, even after restart.

btw, I'm running Windows 10.

Thank you.

Kurt

patrick:
Hmm, the "pydbgp" reference is a UI mistake from sharing some of the setup UI, it's using the right protocol underneath.

Nothing looks obviously wrong with the dbg.xml.   With a timeout like that, it sounds like something that could have prevented the debuggee from connecting back to our debugger.  If the debuggee had died, we would pick up on that before a full timeout.

We can enable some debug logging.  Restart SlickEdit, go to the SlickEdit command line and type in "set-var def-debug-logging 2", and then try to attach the debugger.  This will produce some output in the Build window.  (and if it gets far enough, also some output will go into your configuration directory under logs/debug.log.  On windows, the default configuration directory is under Documents\My SlickEdit Config.   You can also see it in the Help -> About dialog).

Post the output from those two places.  And afterwards, run "set-var def-debug-logging 0", it's a persistent setting and can build up a large set of logs pretty fast.

It probably doesn't matter, but what version of SBT are you using?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version