Author Topic: new project, click OK, project properties dialog fails to open  (Read 231 times)

Graeme

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 336
Create a new workspace -> enter project name, tick "add source files from working directory", tick "recursive", untick "add as wildcard"  - click OK.  The "new" dialog closes but the project properties dialog does not open - I'm expecting it to open so I can choose/modify files that belong to the project/ workspace.

Dennis

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 471
Re: new project, click OK, project properties dialog fails to open
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2021, 03:05:51 pm »
This is by design.  If you add files immediately, then as a convenience, we skip bringing up the project properties dialog.

Dennis

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 471
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2021, 08:13:08 pm »
I am adding a checkbox to the "Project > New" dialog to indicate you still want the project properties dialog to be displayed after the project is created and the initial set of source files are added.  It will be off by default, but will remember the last value used next time.

This change will be in BETA 2.

If you do not add source files directly from "Project > New", then the project properties dialog will be brought up afterwards, just like it was in previous releases.

Graeme

• Hero Points: 336
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2021, 12:41:14 am »
Thanks.  I don't create new projects very often but I always want project properties to come up afterwards.  I missed the fact that the "add files to workspace" checkbox was new in V26.