Author Topic: "Run from dir" not respected in "Execute" but is in "Debug"  (Read 614 times)

rowbearto

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 132
"Run from dir" not respected in "Execute" but is in "Debug"
« on: September 17, 2021, 02:34:00 PM »
I'm using beta3, Linux x64.

I have an "Other C/C++ project".

In the Run/Debug tab of my configuration I have set the "Run from dir:".

This works when I do "Debug".

But when I "Execute" it is not switching to this directory before running my program.

This directory is set in the Run/Debug tab, it uses a directory relative to %rp: %rp../dir1/dir2/etc

I see this same entry in the "Tools" tab for both "Debug" and "Execute".

However when I do "execute" it does not set that working directory, while it does do so for "Debug".

Clark

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 528
Re: "Run from dir" not respected in "Execute" but is in "Debug"
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2021, 06:05:26 PM »
Not able to reproduce this. Please post a sample. Just make a toy project. Execute can just do echo (i.e "echo Hello!"). No need for build to work or to have any source files.

rowbearto

• Hero Points: 132
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2021, 08:44:46 PM »
hmm, when I created a toy project using my same project file and same directory structure it didn't happen there. Then going back to my original project, not happening there either. But I know it was happening before - very annoying.

I think you may be hiding some output in the process buffer such as the commands you run to change the directory? How to turn that back on? I'd like to be able to see that stuff for next time this starts happening.

Clark

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 528
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2021, 08:52:30 PM »
By default, the change directory commands are shown. The VSLICKERRORPATH lines are hidden by default.  Tools>Options>Editing>General>Show change directory commands in build window