Author Topic: slick loses focus after project tool-window add files to project  (Read 663 times)

Graeme

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 347
slick loses focus after project tool-window add files to project
« on: September 19, 2021, 01:17:52 AM »
Add a file to the project using the project tool-window and slick adds the file but the slick app loses focus.

Clark

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 530
Re: slick loses focus after project tool-window add files to project
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2021, 03:30:37 AM »
I tried adding single file. SlickEdit kept focus. Although, the focus went to the Project tool window.

Maybe I need more specific steps? Windows manager could have an effect too.

Graeme

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2021, 04:18:08 AM »
It's still doing it for me but not every single time, but most of the time.  I have a floating toolwindow all by itself.  I'm sometimes adding a file from a sub-folder that isn't part of the project already, and sometimes a file in a folder that already has several siblings  - it does it for both.  I have toolwindows set to hide when slick loses the focus.  In the file open dialog I sometimes double click and sometimes click the open button - it goes wrong for both.  The files are slick C source *.e.

It doesn't seem to go wrong if I dock the toolwindow.

Clark

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 530
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2021, 08:03:57 PM »
Is the Projects tool window docked?

I'm still not able to reproduce this. I have a couple tool windows floating and I tried the Projects tool window docked and undocked.

Graeme

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2021, 12:06:40 AM »
Sorry, I see I didn't make it clear.  It goes wrong when the projects tool-window is floating but not when it's docked.  I just tried again with an almost clean config but with the xretrace plugin installed.  It didn't go wrong to start with, then I enabled "hide toolbars on loss of focus" and it went wrong straight away.