Author Topic: Double Clicking On Lines In Search Window Doesn't Open New Tab  (Read 876 times)

dwbrown40

• New Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
Double Clicking On Lines In Search Window Doesn't Open New Tab
« on: October 13, 2021, 07:06:04 PM »
I am using pro 2015. When I run a search, the results of my search show up in the search results window. I would like to be able to double click on a  line in the search results and have it open a new window/tab in the editor. But, it seems to replace a previously opened window/tab. I've tried having <Tools> <Options> <Editing> <Editor Windows> <Files per window> set to "One file per window". But, this doesn't seem to help. I can drag a file from a Windows Explorer window into the editor and it will create a new tab. But, double clicking in the search results does not create a new tab.

Very strange as I have created a dozen or so projects/workspaces in the last 3 years and have never had this happen. Not sure what I did wrong.

David

Graeme

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 347
Re: Double Clicking On Lines In Search Window Doesn't Open New Tab
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2021, 12:13:55 AM »
Just tried with slick V20.0.3 and didn't see a problem.
Maybe the file tab sort order is confusing you.  Right click on a file tab then down the bottom of the menu there is "sort order".  Try changing it to "manual".

What happens if you open a new file using the workspace tab of the file tool-window.

If you can't get it working, close slick, make a copy of vslick.sta from you config folder, then delete vslick.sta and restart slick.

Alternatively, export all your config options via tools -> options -> export / import, then import them into a brand new empty config folder.