Author Topic: Cannot create new Rust project  (Read 1126 times)

ethanb

• Junior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
Cannot create new Rust project
« on: October 13, 2021, 11:48:53 PM »
Just upgraded to 26.0 from 24, but didn't try this in 24.
I'm trying to create a Rust project within a workspace and it appears it doesn't work.
If I go into Project->Open Workspace then I can go browse for a Cargo.toml file and that creates both a Workspace _and_ a Project...but they are tied together.
What I want to do is create a workspace with a couple of Rust projects inside, and I'm ok _not_ using the Cargo.toml file(s).
But, if I create a workspace (Project->New) then try to create a Rust project within it (Project->New, select Project type "Rust", either GNU or MSVC), the Create new workspace is permanently selected and I cannot Add to current workspace. It works as expected if I select GNU C/C++ project type.

Shouldn't I be able to create a Rust projects within a workspace like any other project type?

Clark

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 526
Re: Cannot create new Rust project
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2021, 02:55:19 AM »
Currently, SlickEdit doesn't support mapping Cargo projects to separate SlickEdit projects. Instead, SlickEdit creates one project which contains all the rust source files.

If you don't use SlickEdit's cargo support, you can add multiple projects. You lose automated debugging support and automated build support. It's often not that hard to add your own custom build commands. As for debugging, if you're using GDB, you could use Debug>Attach Debugger>Debug Executable (GDB). If you're using Visual Studio for debugging, set your debug command to devenv "%o".
« Last Edit: October 15, 2021, 02:58:25 AM by Clark »