Author Topic: mac os, how to scale whole interface?  (Read 344 times)

vladie

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
mac os, how to scale whole interface?
« on: November 02, 2021, 12:26:05 pm »
hi

is it possible to scale whole interface (including all fonts and UI elements size) by single setting ?
for example, this implemented in sublime text by ui_scale setting - i put there 1.5 value and have
all fonts/ui elements size multiplied by 1.5

Dennis

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 471
Re: mac os, how to scale whole interface?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2021, 07:38:44 pm »
This is a new feature in v26 (SlickEdit 2021).  Go to Tools > Options... > Appearance > Fonts.

Place focus in the list of fonts, then hit Ctrl+A to select everything, then click on the "+" icon to increase the size of all fonts.  Hit OK to apply the changes.  You will need to restart the editor to make all the changes take effect.

It is not perfect, so you may want to review the resulting font changes individually, but it is the fastest way to increase all the font sizes.  Since the default icon sizes are "Automatic", after you restart SlickEdit they will adapt to the new font size.

vladie

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2021, 07:57:00 am »
Just tried :)
Pressing + for me sets all fonts size to 12, when i press + again - nothing happens.
I think that ui scale setting in sublimetext is more user friendly.

Dennis

• SlickEdit Team Member
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2021, 01:45:20 pm »
Huh, I was sure I tested that before I emailed you, but I just reproduce the same problem in a default configuration.  I will look into it.

Dennis

• SlickEdit Team Member
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2021, 03:18:09 pm »
Looks like it was a Unix-specific problem.  Fixed for next cumulative hot fix for v26.