Author Topic: Delete Code Block  (Read 292 times)

SeeCwriter

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 1
Delete Code Block
« on: November 05, 2021, 07:54:40 pm »
I upgraded to SE v26. When I try to delete a single line of code using Ctrl-D I now get a "Delete Code Block" pop-up with several lines of code selected. Never saw this on previous versions.  There's a checkbox in the popup named "Always just delete line". Checking that box causes another popup to appear asking to create a key binding for the 'cut_code_block' command. I don't know what the means or what affect it will have on my ability to just delete a single line, so I click No. But the "Always just delete line" checkbox has no effect. I still get the popup and the checkbox is not checked.
Unrelated, the editor noticeably lags. A copy/paste action will typically cause it to pause for about 1 to 1.5 seconds. Not a show stopper, just an annoyance. Just typing in the editor will often lag as well.  It will lag, then be fine for a little while, then lag again. My guess is that it's doing something in the background.

Clark

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 482
Re: Delete Code Block
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2021, 08:53:41 pm »
After you click "No", you need to click the "Delete the line" button. This will apply the "Always just delete line" check box. Maybe this dialog fell behind. Just a guess.

jporkkahtc

• Hero Points: 203
  • Text
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2021, 09:37:21 pm »
Interesting ... I never tried this. Cool.

Bug too: After checking this box, then attempting to delete another block of code, I get
When you get the "Delete code block" dialog and check "Always just delete block"

---------------------------
SlickEdit Pro
To unsurround code blocks on demand:
invoke the unsurround command directly by pressing: 0.
OK   

Which leads me to: Is there a way to undo my choice for setting these check boxes?
I mean, other than digging thru *.e files and finding "def_*" variables to tweak?

Clark

• SlickEdit Team Member
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2021, 10:52:28 pm »
Doesn't look like def_prompt_for_delete_code_block and def_auto_unsurround_block are not in the Options dialog. You would have to manually set them.

Did you accidentally bind the unsurround command to the "0" key.

jporkkahtc

• Hero Points: 203
  • Text
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2021, 11:25:54 pm »
No - I'd think that would be pretty noticeable!

Clark

• SlickEdit Team Member
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2021, 12:30:50 am »
Post your user.cfg.xml

Dennis

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 471
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2021, 02:02:14 pm »
@jp:  I see why you were given that erroneous prompt (because copy-surround-block was no bound to a key).  Will add this to a future hot fix.