Author Topic: trying to exclude subdirectory in project tag file  (Read 961 times)

pbrightly

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 6
trying to exclude subdirectory in project tag file
« on: November 20, 2021, 02:25:47 AM »
My team's git repo includes sub-builds that (unfortunately) duplicate all files in the repo.  When I go to a tag, I can get up to 6 options popping up.  So.. I tried to rebuild my tag file and exclude the offending subdirectories.  Two problems:
1) If I select all the bad files, the option to remove them is grayed out.
2) If I change the project to exclude directory "smotainer/", it has no effect when I rebuild the tag file.  If I specify **/smotainer/** or smotainer/, it always gets saved as "smotainer/".  That should be fine, according to the help-doc.

Dennis

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 515
Re: trying to exclude subdirectory in project tag file
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2021, 04:52:50 PM »
Did you add "smotainer/" to each wildcard spec?  It looks you might have missed the "*.py" spec.

When you retag are you doing Project > Retag Workspace..., and is "[ ] Retag modified files only" unchecked (which means to rebuild the tag file from scratch).

Also, it looks like some of the excludes are unnecessary, considering your wildcard is "*.go".  That should not cause any problems, just adds complexity.

Otherwise, what you were doing appears to be correct and should have worked.

pbrightly

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 6
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2021, 07:22:58 PM »
Now that is really not intuitive.  I had none of the wildcard specs selected.  So it assumed *.go (the first).  I just now selected all wild card specs, and the source files properties window shows only the last.
Nevertheless, thank you. I went through every single *.??? item, added "smotainer/" and that  did the job.

Dennis

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 515
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2021, 08:13:28 PM »
Yes, the "Add Wildcard" dialog makes it easy to add a series of wildcard specs, but there is no way to edit them again as a group.  Maybe in a future release.