SlickEdit Product Discussion > SlickEdit®

Turn off live errors for a particular python file

(1/1)

rowbearto:
I'm browsing a python script written by someone else who didn't run it through pylint.

It is showing many pylint warnings and I see yellow lines in the editor. It is hard to read the script with these lines.

But I only want it turned off on this file, I want it automatically on for all my other python files.

Is there a way to easily make SE do this for 1 particular file (or set of files), to not do the live errors, without turning it off completely and then having to turn it back on later?

patrick:
There isn't currently a way to exclude files for live errors.   The api in v26 doesn't provide me a good place to hook this in for a workaround.  I think the only possibility right now is special casing the files you want to ignore in a pylint wrapper.

It would be nice to have.  I don't know if I can fit it in for v27, but perhaps for the first point release of v27.

rowbearto:
Working with this file some more, there are very few errors, but lots of warnings.

In "Message List" window I can filter the errors and the warnings go away in "Message List". However in the edit window the yellow lines corresponding to the warnings are still there. Any way to remove these yellow lines if I only filter on the errors? It makes it harder to read to see the yellow lines.

Thanks for your previous answer!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version