SlickEdit Product Discussion > SlickEdit®

Life Error Profiles for Java?

(1/1)

florihupf:
Hi there,

Love the Life Error Profiles feature.  Esp., since I now can configure the colors for the highlights. :-)

One thing that I miss is that I would love to be able to use Life Error Profiles for .java files as well, but the Option is not available in the Tools -> Languages -> Application Languges menu.

I think I read somewhere that is because there is internal support for something similar.  That is all good, but I need to run this external linter tool and it works for all other languages.

Any chance to enable this?

Thank you!!
Florian

patrick:
Right now, there isn't a setting you can change to get that for Java.  I left that in place mainly because the Java implementation does a lot of setup to try to avoid JVM startup costs.  I didn't want to lose that, but it didn't occur to me to just support both and let the user select which one to use.

I'll take a look and see if I can add that.  May be able to get it for beta 2.

florihupf:
Hi Patrick,

That would be super awesome! :-)

patrick:
This is in for beta 2.  The Java language options will now have a Live Errors, where you can add a profile for your linter.  Enabling Live Errors for Java disables the builtin compiler integration in favor of the user defined profiles.

florihupf:
Awesome! Thanks a bunch!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version