Author Topic: Build markers sidebar gets dirty on buffer scrolling  (Read 111 times)

at5dapa1

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 22
Build markers sidebar gets dirty on buffer scrolling
« on: August 04, 2022, 11:25:24 am »
Noticed that when build buffer scrolls automattically or manually then the markers "sidebar" gets dirty, probably keeps old markers' locations?

Clark

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 486
Re: Build markers sidebar gets dirty on buffer scrolling
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2022, 01:12:19 pm »
You need to turn off Spell check while typing. Tools>Options>Languages>SlickEdit Languages>Process>General.

SlickEdit only spell checks lines of text when they are displayed to you. During a build, many pages never become visible on the screen even though they are added to the build window. Once you scroll all lines of text into view, it is all spell checked. That's why you see added red for misspelled words.

Dennis

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 483
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2022, 02:52:38 pm »
Just a helpful tip here.  If you move your mouse over the document overview bar, it will give you a tooltip about any markup you see.  This would have helped you see that it was spell check.

at5dapa1

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2022, 07:57:39 pm »
Spell check OFF on Tools>Options>Languages>SlickEdit Languages>Process>General did the trick, thanks!
Didn't know it's spelling (yes I enabled it globbaly) I thought they are error markers.

Nut now when I tried to see the tooltips pointed by Dennis found another minor glitch: I had SE on the right-screen before building, then moved it on the left-screen and when scrolled over the sidebar the tips appeared on the right screen...  ;)

Dennis

• SlickEdit Team Member
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2022, 08:59:58 pm »
Does this also happen in your configuration with the minimal tooltips ?

at5dapa1

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2022, 05:36:46 pm »
I thought that it was because SE was initialy on the right screen and it happened after I moved on the left screen.
But when I tried today, SE already oened on left screen but those "scrollbar" tooltips are still on the right.

What does it mean "minimal tooltips"? How do I achieve that, some special settings?
The other tooltips (tagging, toolbar, etc) they appear ok (on the screen where SE is)...

Dennis

• SlickEdit Team Member
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2022, 05:48:15 pm »
Auto-correct.  Grrr.  I was asking about the MINIMAP tooltips.

at5dapa1

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2022, 05:58:29 pm »
Minimap tooltips are on the correct screen (they follow SE on its screen): didn't know I have such tooltips (had to enable: right-click: Show -> Tooltip) :-)