Author Topic: wildcard questions  (Read 4976 times)

kleerwater

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
wildcard questions
« on: July 29, 2007, 02:14:23 AM »
I really like the Add Wildcard for the project settings, but it has some problems that I've noticed:

As far as I can tell, there seems to be no convenient, safe way to remove a file from the project if it's included by the wildcard.  When I delete delete the file through the "Open" pane, the next time I try to pull up the "Project" pane, I get a pop-up about an invalid handle and then none of the panes will display.  It would be nice to be able to right click on a file and click remove and have the option to either add an exclusion to the wildcard or remove the file from disk.  As it is now, I have to close the project, delete the files and the re-open the project, which is quite annoying.

I suppose this might not be a problem, just a matter of preference, but when adding a new item using the "New..." menu item, it would be nice if the item was covered by an existing wildcard if it wouldn't add another entry to the Files tab in Project Properties.  The file gets treated differently on the project as well: the option to remove the file from the project when right-clicking isn't grayed out.  This won't remove the file from the project unless you remove the file from disk since it is covered by the wildcard.

Adding files with the "Add New Item From Template..." menu item doesn't cause a refresh of the Project pane.  It also doesn't add any entries to the Files tab of the Project Properties, which is different behavior from the "New..." item.  The files added through this menu item don't appear on the project pane until I remove something from the project, which apparently causes the wildcard to refresh or until I shut down and re-open the project.

If anyone knows any options to set to get the behavior I'm looking for or where I might look into making modifications to get the behavior, please let me know. 

Clark

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 528
Re: wildcard questions
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2007, 06:40:54 PM »
I couldn't reproduce this problem.  The context menu of the Project tool window has  "Refresh" item.  This will update the list of files.

kleerwater

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
Re: wildcard questions
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2007, 12:06:39 AM »
Sorry, I mistakenly thought the invalid handle popup was associated with me deleting the files, but I had it occur when I tried to open the project pane when I didn't have any out-of-sync deletions, so it must be unrelated.  It would still be nice to not have to manually refresh the project when adding files and to be able to delete files through the project pane.  Are there any macros I could look at to try and edit for that?